What are the benefits of waterjet cutting?
There are many benefits to using precision waterjet cutting technology when compared to traditional machining techniques. This new technology can often eliminate further machining processes and produce cost savings.
Here are some of the benefits of using abrasive waterjet cutting:
- Cheaper than other processes
- Cut virtually any material
- Cut wide range of thickness
- No Heat Generated / No heat affected zones - this is cold cutting!
- Cut virtually any shape
- Quality finish leaves a satin smooth finish, thus reducing secondary operations
- Narrow kerf removes only a small amount of material
- No material thickness to hole ratio diameter
- Machine composite materials, or materials where dissimilar materials are glued together