Waterjet cutting applications
Abrasive Waterjet cuts virtually any profile in any material:
- Stainless steel cutting - traditionally slow to cut with conventional tooling - easy with water jet.
- Plastic cutting - intricate parts are quick to nest and cut without special clamping requirements.
- Pre hardened steel - machine after hardening and forget distortion worries.
- Mild steel - cut complex profiles with high accuracy.
- Exotics like Titanium, Inconel, Hastalloy - nest parts and with minimum kerf width save huge amounts on material cost.
- Copper, Brass, Aluminium cutting - as per exotics above, save on material costs.
- Brittle materials like glass, ceramics, quartz, stone - water jet cutting is fast.
- Marble - cut to any profile quickly.
- Laminates - difficult to saw/mill, easy to water jet.
What materials are you having difficulties with?